Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board
ACCESS STANDARDS 2019
A new set of standards were announced by the Minister for Health and Social Services in March 2019 that are aimed to raise and improve the level of service for patients in Wales from their GP practices.
These standards are set out below;
- Patients receive a prompt response to their contact with a GP practice via the telephone.
- Practices have the appropriate telephony systems in place to support the needs of people avoiding the need to call back multiple times and will check that they are handling calls in this way.
- Patients receive bilingual (Welsh and English) information on local and emergency services when contacting a practice.
- Patients can use a range of options to contact their GP practice and to make an appointment.
- Patients are able to email a practice to request a non-urgent consultation or a call back.
- Patients are able to access information on how to get help and advice.
- Patients receive the right care at the right time in a joined up way that is based on their needs.
- Practices understand the needs of their patients and use this information to anticipate the demand on its services.
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board will be supporting your GP practice to ensure these standards are achieved by March 2021.